Build A Social Network With Flutter And Firebase
Make a complete mobile social media app like Twitter, Instagram or Facebook using Flutter and Firebase!
Last updated 2022-01-10 | 4- How to build a complete social network with Flutter and Firebase!
What you'll learn
* Requirements* Basic familiarity with Flutter
* Experience with Firebase / Firestore is helpful
* but not required
Do you want to build a complete social network mobile app just like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter? This is the course for you!
WHAT WILL WE BE BUILDING?
In this course, we’ll use the best in Flutter and Firebase to build a complete social network from zero to deployment called FlutterShare that you can release on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
WHAT DOES THE APP FEATURE?
An Amazing Realtime Social Network App
A Timeline just like in Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
An Activity Feed for all User Interactions
Live In-App User Notifications
Media Sharing between Users
User Following / Unfollowing (with past / future posts added to timeline)
Realtime Messaging, Liking and Unliking for Posts
Profile Customization (i.e. Display Name, User Bio, etc)
Social Login with Google
Using Device Camera for Image Uploads
Captioning Posts with Description and Current Location (Geolocation)
Finding other App Users with Full-Text Search
WHAT CONCEPTS ARE COVERED?
A Complete Masterclass on Firebase / Firestore with Flutter
Uploading Media Files with Firebase Storage + Image Compression Techniques
Google SignIn / Social Login with Flutter
Push Notifications with Firebase Messaging for Realtime User Updates
Taking Pictures / Picking Images for Upload with Flutter
Detecting User Location with Geolocation for Flutter
Build and Deploy (many) Firebase Functions
Complete CRUD Functionality in Realtime with Cloud Firestore
All the Realtime Firestore Database Triggers (onCreate, onUpdate, onDelete)
Deployment to Google Play Store and Apple App Store
Working with Streams, Futures and Updating State
Media Queries and Device Orientation for Responsive App Design
Handling Async Data with FutureBuilders, StreamBuilders, and Async / Await Functions
Animations and Page Transitions
SVG Images and Image Caching for Performance
Form Validation and Error Handling
Custom Theme Creation and Fonts
Tons of Practical, Straightforward and Repeatable App-Building Patterns
And much more!
WHAT ELSE DOES THIS COURSE OFFER?
– Deep, Fine-Grained Learning – This course is jam-packed with information. I made the course that I most wanted to take and as a result, I didn't skimp on the details. You're going to cover more topics and material in greater depth than ever before.
– 100% Real-World Practice – My goal is to get you writing code as much as possible. And not just any code–we'll be working exclusively on practical tasks that are instrumental in building your own amazing real-world apps.
– No-Nonsense, Spot-On Explanations - Every lesson is to-the-point. I break down what we're making, how we'll be doing it and what the final product will look like, all on top of helpful and illustrative descriptions to aid your understanding along the way.
I really enjoyed making this course and I think you’ll enjoy taking it just as much.
Looking forward to seeing you within the course!
Who this course is for:
- Mobile and web developers looking to build impressive real-world, production-ready apps!
- Flutter developers looking for a challenge
19 sections • 63 lectures